All the girls that make up the Best Bread Machine team are quite intrigued with the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 as it has a very high rating at the Amazon.com site. For this reason, we had to check it out for ourselves and see what the fuss is all about.
Upon checking the review section at Amazon, and we found that customers seem to have a common consensus about the bread maker’s overall usability. It is said to be easy to use, and it produces great bread too. It will suit the needs of those who are after a small loaf of bread, and its compact design also makes it easy to store. And even if it’s a little more expensive than other brands, those who have already purchased it think that it’s still a great buy.
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Bread Machine Reviews
“The Zoji BB-HAC10 is great for singles, couples, and apartment dwellers. If you want the best bread maker that can make a small loaf of bread, this is it.” – Jessica in NE, Amazon.com
“I love the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 although it’s quite an expensive brand. I got it even if I’m on a tight budget and I’m glad I did. I can plainly see why this model costs a little more than other brands – it has many great features, that’s why!” – Arzey, Amazon.com
“The Zojirushi is a quiet breadmaker and its small size allows it to be easily accommodated in small kitchens. It really looks good too, so you can set it up anywhere and be proud of its appearance. It has options for operating and baking bread, pastries, dough, jams, etc. and it’s easy to use too.” – Bob Penn, Amazon.com
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Mini Breadmaker Key Features
- Multi-Functional Design – It can make breads, cakes, and even dough and fruit jams.
- Capacity – You can bake a 1-pound loaf of bread with this unit.
- Multiple Settings – There are different settings to choose from so that you can make a particular kind of food product efficiently (basic bread, dough, French bread, etc).
- Bread Textures – You can set the bread maker to produce a regular type of bread, or a firm type, or a soft one.
- Quick Bake Cycle – The unit can be set to make bread in as fast as just about an hour or so.
- Beeper Indicator – The machine will give off a beeping sound when it’s time to put in the fruits and nuts so that these sensitive ingredients will not get crushed indiscriminately.
- 13-Hour Timer – The timer can be set up to 13 hours.
- Control Panel – The control panel is equipped with an LCD digital display.
- Viewing Window – You can look through the viewing window and see the progression of baking.
- Carrying Handle – The pan has a carry handle so that you can take out the finished bread easily.
- Compact Design – This model takes very little counter space.
- Non-Stick Pan and Kneading Blade – Removing the bread is easy, and cleaning the pan and kneading blade is also easy.
- Instructions – Best Bread Machine found that the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 comes with a detailed instruction manual. There’s also an accompanying instruction video to help you with setting the unit up.
- Recipes Included – There’s also a recipe book to quickly allow you to make use of the appliance as soon as you get it.
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Bread Machine Specifications
Product Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 12 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 15 pounds
Zojirushi Bread Machine BB-HAC10 Warranty
The BB-HAC10 model is backed by a 1-year warranty.
A Mini Zoji
We fondly call the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 a mini Zoji because it is smaller than the standard models of breadmakers from the same company. It is so compact and sleek that it can fit even in a very small kitchen countertop. And it can also be easily kept in the kitchen cabinet after use if you want to.
As it can only make 1-pound loaf of breads per cycle, you will not be storing leftover supplies for too long. You can therefore eat your food preparations before they go bad or stale.
A Functional Bread Maker
This model can produce a 1-pound loaf of bread in its regular 3-hour cycle. If you are in a hurry to get your bread done, we recommend using the Quick Bake Cycle to shorten the procedure by up to a half of its normal baking time. There’s even a warming feature that you can use if you want your bread to remain warm after the baking process is completed.
Easy to Use
We are big fans of easy-to-use breadmakers. And the Mini Zoji is one of the simplest units that we have found so far. The control panel can be operated by just pushing the buttons, and the digital display makes it easy to program too.
And since the baking pan and kneading paddle are both non-stick, the finished bread slides off easily after it’s done. You will not be ruining the bread presentation when it’s time to take it out of the pan to serve it.
The whole process of putting in the bread pan is trouble-free too. There’s enough room to insert it properly, and it locks into place with a clicking sound. And since all the ingredients are already mixed in the baking pan, you will not be making any mess in the baking chamber.
Is the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Really Expensive?
The Zojirushi brand ranks as one of the high-end makers of bread machines, that’s a fact. However, in this particular case, you will not be paying that high because this is just a small version of the typical Zojirushi units.
We find the quality and construction of this unit to be just the same as the more expensive models. And it can also make a wide variety of breads like ordinary loaves, cakes, cookies, dinner rolls, croissants, and even pizza dough and fruit jams. However, its capacity is only limited to 1 pound.
There’s a Hole!
We found a little flaw in this model’s design. Because this is just a 1-pound bread maker, the final result can be a little small. This makes the hole that’s left by the baking paddle quite noticeable and unattractive. But since the loaf of bread is ideal for home consumption only, it’s not really that big of a problem.
Best Bread Maker Looks at the Ratings
This Mini Zoji has an impressive rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 at the Amazon.com site, which just goes to show how popular and well-loved the unit is. Over 400 customers have reviewed this product and they are generally pleased with its design and functionality.
- Compact – Even small kitchen counters can accommodate this bread maker.
- Efficient and Economical – Having a 1-pound loaf means not having too many leftovers.
- There’s a Rapid Bake Cycle – Using the rapid bake mode will enable the unit to produce a loaf of bread in just about an hour and a half.
- Easy to Use – It uses a non-stick paddle and pan; the bread slides off easily from the pan when it’s done.
- Practical – It’s the practical size for a small family and it can be kept in the kitchen cabinet too.
- Noticeable Hole – The hole from the kneading paddle is quite noticeable on the finished product as the final outcome is just a small-sized bread.
We like the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 because it is compact, functional, and reasonably priced for a Zoji brand. Because of its versatile design, it can make loaves of bread, French bread, croissant, cookies, cakes, rolls, bread machine pizza dough, meatloaf, and even jams. Just imagine the amount of money that you can save by making all those food products at home. And you can even monitor the type of ingredients that go into each type of bread.
The Mini Zoji is easy to use too as you can mix all the ingredients in the bread pan before putting this inside the baking chamber. All you have to do then, is just set up the time when you want the breadmaker to start making bread. You can also make use of the Quick Baking Cycle if you are in a hurry.
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 is the perfect bread maker for making small sizes of bread and small portions of food items. This is the type of device that you will be using regularly in the kitchen so as to be able to eat freshly baked bread and goodies all the time. Because of all its wonderful features, Best Bread Machine urges you to go ahead and buy the Mini Zoji (you won’t regret it!).