Best Bread Machine will now review an inexpensive model of bread maker, the West Bend 41300. In spite of its low price, however, it has been found to be really useful. In fact, the dual-blade system incorporated on this unit allows it to produce bakery-quality bread at half the cost or even less.
According to a lot of consumers, this model is a well-made product and it’s easy to use too. We have also noted that a majority of those who have already used this breadmaker found it to be fantastic as it can produce delicious bread maker recipes quickly.
West Bend 41300 Bread Machine Reviews
“Quality of baked bread is just fantastic. Even the whole-wheat bread is soft and light. It’s very similar to the texture of commercial-made bread.” Bob from TN, Amazon.com
“The horizontal pan and dual-blade system make it easy and simple to prepare different types of recipes (just about anything). The viewing window on the top will let you watch what’s going on and see how your bread is baking. The digital display is easy to read and monitor as it keeps you informed about the procedure.” Samantha Quinn, Amazon.com
“I just LOVE the way it looks on my counter! So I leave it out there because I use it all the time and it looks classy too! I also LOVE that the process from dough-kneading to bread-baking is so tidy that nothing sticks to the sides of the pan.” – A. Francis, Amazon.com
West Bend 41300 Breadmaker Key Features
- Electronic Dual Blade System – This system allows for a bakery-quality type of bread.
- Four Loaf Sizes – You can make 1, 1.5, 2, or 2.5-pound loaf of bread.
- Horizontal Bread Pan – The finished bread will come out in a horizontal presentation.
- Eleven Settings – There are 11 settings to choose from when making bread (e.g. Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Dough, Jam, Homemade, etc).
- Three Crust Shades – You can program it to produce light, medium, or even dark crust. This will also affect the crust’s thickness (dark crust is the thickest).
- Digital Control System – Best Bread Machine has noted that the control panel is easy to read and program.
- 12-Hour Timer – You can program the unit to start at a certain time.
- Accessories Included – The package includes measuring cups and measuring spoons. There’s also a tool for removing the kneading blades.
- Instructions and Recipes Included – You will get an instruction manual as well as a recipe book.
West Bend 41300 Dual-Blade Breadmaker Specifications
Brand: West Bend
Product Dimensions: 18 x 10.5 x 11.8 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 14 pounds
West Bend Bread Machine 41300 Warranty
This model is backed by a 1-year warranty.
A Powerful and Versatile Bread Maker
This reviewer likes the design of this West Bend model. Its 2-blade system separates it from other standard models of breadmakers, and it also enables it to produce professional-looking bread.
Those who find vertical-shaped bread to be weird-looking will like this unit’s horizontal presentation of baked bread. You can even choose from 4 loaf sizes so as to suit your specific needs at a given time. The crust color can also be adjusted accordingly to fit your taste and preferences.
A Truly Functional Kitchen Appliance
We have noted that this model of bread maker has 11 pre-programmed settings. You can make different types of bread (basic, whole wheat, French, gluten-free, etc) as well as sweet cakes and jams. You can even make use of the timer (up to 12 hours) if you want to wake up or come home to freshly baked dinner rolls, croissants, or banana bread.
Easy to Use Even for Beginners
The built-in programs make it easy even for beginners to use this bread maker. You can also experiment with different flavors and textures as you get used to using the machine. We also learned that it’s very easy to clean as the pan is non-stick. And the kneading paddles can be washed with mild soap and water.
What? No Automatic Ingredient Dispenser?
We would like to inform you that this model doesn’t have an automatic fruit and nut dispenser. You’ll have to wait for about an hour before you can add such delicate ingredients as the dough needs to rise a couple of times before the machine signals you (through beeps) to put in the additional ingredients.
Best Bread Maker Ratings
As of this writing, the West Bend 41300 has an overall rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 at Amazon. Over 500 customers gave their feedback on this model and a majority of the reviewers gave it a 5-star rating.
- Low Price – It only costs around $70.
- Horizontal Loaf – The finished product looks like a commercial-grade bread.
- Consistent Rise – You get perfect bread every time.
- High Rise – The end results are soft and fluffy.
- Easy to Operate – There are digital controls and pre-programmed settings.
- Looks Nice – It’s a good looking bread machine.
- Manual Addition of Delicate Ingredients – This model is not equipped with an automatic fruit-and-nut dispenser.
We can only find one negative issue about the West Bend Bread Machine 41300 model, which is the lack of an automatic fruit and nut dispenser. Other than that, it’s a perfect machine that can be compared to high priced brands like the Zojirushi and Panasonic. The quality of bread is worth mentioning too, as the dual-blade system allows it to produce bakery-style results.
If you are on a budget but want a high quality bread maker that can make fluffy bread, then this model from West Bend is one of the best there is. You can also make jams, pizza dough, sweet cakes and fruit cakes with it. Best Bread Machine is really impressed with this unit, so we say go for it!