Best Bread Machine had the opportunity of testing the Sunbeam 5891 personally as one of our close friends recently got this model. We made a basic bread, and it came out looking great and tasting great as well. That’s why we decided to make a formal review of said unit.
Upon browsing the internet, we discovered that a lot of consumers are also happy with the overall performance of this particular breadmaker. It can make 2 sizes of loaves and it’s reasonably priced as well. It is also easy to use and economical that your bread expenses can be greatly reduced. And needless to say, it provides you with a healthy way of serving good quality food to your family.
Sunbeam 5891 Bread Machine Reviews
“This bread maker is great and it’s inexpensive as well! It can make 1.5 lb or 2.0 lb loaves and it even has cake and jam settings. There’s also a raisin beep to tell you when to add fruits and nuts to your recipes (during the 2nd phase of kneading).” – scientific mom, Amazon.com
“I’ve never had a breadmaker before, so I did a lot of research online. I decided to go for a reasonably-priced model just to try it out. And well, I’m glad I got the Sunbeam 5891! It has a lot of features and it over performs too!” – Frau Schott, Amazon.com
“Buy this bread machine! It makes great bread recipes and it’s durable and cheap too. Moreover, it’s very easy to operate. It does what a bread maker ought to do and more. I have already cooked 200+ loaves with it in 13 months or so.” – Latenser, Amazon.com
Sunbeam 5891 Programmable Breadmaker Key Features
- Powerful Design – This model is powered by 600 watts.
- Two Loaf Sizes – You can either choose the 1.5-pound or 2-pound setting when programming the size of your loaf.
- Twelve Cooking Programs – The unit can be used in 12 different settings like basic, jam, dough, cake, and more.
- Three Shades of Crusts – You can choose the light and medium setting if you want a light and thin crust, or the dark setting if you want it brown and thick.
- Express Bake Mode – This model can produce bread in as fast as 1 hour when set in the Express Bake mode.
- 13-Hour Timer – Best Bread Machine discovered that you can set the time for baking up to 13-hours.
- Display Panel – The LED display is easy to read so you can easily set your chosen program and even monitor the stages of the baking process too.
- Touch Pad Controls – The control panel employs the use of a touch pad instead of control buttons.
- Non-Stick Pan – The bread pan is made of non-stick materials to make the kneading process and cleanup less messy.
- Viewing Window – The large viewing window will let you peep on your bread while it’s being kneaded and baked.
Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker Specifications
Product Dimensions: 19 x 13.5 x 14 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 10 pounds
Sunbeam Bread Machine 5891 Warranty
Sunbeam backs this model up with a 1-year warranty.
It’s Has a User Friendly Design
We found this unit to be very easy to use. In fact, our first experiment with basic bread came out really good! After mixing all the ingredients in the baking pan itself, we placed the bread pan inside the machine and closed the lid tightly. We then selected the Basic Bread function and viola! Our bread was ready in just a few hours. And we ate it too (with strawberry jam) – and it was delicious. All the BBM girls were very happy with the result (but we’re always happy when we’re eating anyway).
In a Hurry? Use Express Bake!
If you are in a hurry with your bread, you can use the Express Bake mode. This will allow you to make bread in just about an hour.
There’s a Timer Too…
The 13-hour timer will allow you to set the bread machine on a delay mode even if you are an early sleeper. You will then wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread in the morning. We suggest a matching cup of coffee with this!
And It’s Very Easy to Clean
This reviewer from BBM doesn’t like cleaning (household chores in general). Having a non-stick pan really helps as it’s easy to clean and maintain.
The Dark Crust Setting is Really…. Well, Dark!
We used the medium setting when we baked our first basic bread on this unit, and we already found the crust to be too brownish. As having a dark color also makes the crust thicker, we really don’t want this setting for our basic bread. So if your preferences are like that of the BBM girls, then we’d suggest avoiding the dark setting. We’d recommend the light crust setting instead (it still looks a little browny for us).
Best Bread Maker Ratings
This Sunbeam model has an average rating of 4.2 stars out of 5 at the Amazon site. Over 1,000 customers have rated it, and a majority of the reviewers gave it 4 stars and 5 stars.
- Compact – This model has a compact design, and will therefore fit in small countertops.
- Warranty – It comes with a 1-year warranty against factory defects and workmanship.
- Inexpensive – You can get this unit anywhere from $60 to $80.
- Quiet – It gives off minimal noise during operation.
- Easy to Clean – It comes with a non-stick pan.
- Fast – It can bake bread in as fast as 1 hour.
- Crust is Too Dark – Choosing the dark setting can result in having a thick crust that has a dark brown appearance.
We have used a lot of breadmakers before, and this model of Sunbeam Bread Machine simply stands out. Why? Because it performs just as well as the more expensive brands! And it’s very simple to operate too; and for us, that’s very important. We had a little problem with the crust settings, but it’s not such a big deal since there are 3 settings to choose from anyway. So we suggest playing around and experimenting with bread machine recipes, settings and programs to get the hang of using it. Don’t worry, it’s really not that hard to figure out. Best Bread Machine is in love with the Sunbeam 5891 and we believe you’ll fall in love with it too!