Best Bread Machine sympathizes with those who have Celiac disease, that’s why we are always looking into bread makers that are capable of making Gluten Free bread recipes. The Oster CKSTBRT20 is one such model, and it can also make other types of bread as well as dough and jams.
This unit has a 2-pound capacity, making it suitable for large families. It also produces a horizontal bread, so you need not worry about having a vertical bread on your dinner table. Aside from these neat features, this Oster bread maker is also reasonably priced and easy to use too.
Oster CKSTBRTW20 Bread Machine Reviews
“For the unit price, this is simply the model to go for. It also outperforms those expensive units that I have used before.” – Brian Blum, Amazon.com
“I’ve read that we need a breadmaker with a Gluten Free cycle to make Gluten Free bread recipes. In my case, this Oster just works perfectly.” MJ, Amazon.com
“I LOVE this breadmaker!! I’ve owned many in the past and I really like this model more! It is equipped with a rapid bake setting (58 minutes) that’s great for hot dinner rolls. It’s just wonderful! A++. It’s the best bread machine for me.” – Sarah J. Sweeney, Amazon.com
Oster CKSTBRTW20 ExpressBake Breadmaker Key Features
- Bread Capacity – It can make a 2-pound loaf of bread.
- 9 Menu Settings – You can make a wide variety of bread recipes as well as dough and fruit jams.
- ExpressBake Setting – It only takes 58 minutes to bake a bread.
- 13-Hour Delay Timer – You can program it to automatically bake bread at a particular time of the day.
- Large Display – The LCD digital display is easy to read.
- Add Ingredient Alert Tone – It signals you to put it the additional ingredients needed for the recipe (nuts, seeds, fruits, etc.)
Oster Bread Machine ExpressBake Specifications
Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 13 x 14.1 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 8 pounds
It’s Such a Simple Machine… What Can it Do?
Don’t judge a bread maker by its appearance; that’s our motto here. Like in the case of this Oster model; it’s compact and cheap, but it’s very useful in the kitchen. It can deliver a 2-pound bread (a horizontal bread at that) in less than an hour, and it can provide for your other recipe needs too. Fans of the breadmaker use it to make jams, pizza dough, basic bread, sweet cakes, and even Gluten Free recipes.
Quick Cycle Explained
You will find that there’s no Cake Cycle in this model of breadmaker. However, it has a Quick Cycle which works just like a Cake Cycle. We only use this function when we are making recipes without yeast. Quick recipes like banana bread also fall under this category. When set in this program, the unit will only perform one cycle of mixing and kneading as there’s no need for the bread to have a rising time.
Great Bread for the Whole Family
Because of its 2-pound capacity, it can provide for the needs of a large family. Imagine your savings too as you will not be buying bread (and other goodies) from the store from now on. And with the health aspect of feeding your family with preservative-free food, all we can say is WOW!
Best Bread Maker Ratings
The Oster CKSTBRTW20 is rated 4.4 (out of 5) at Amazon and there are about 200 customers who rated it. Obviously, a great majority of consumers like its performance.
- Efficient – It works just as good as expensive models.
- Functional and Useful – It can make Basic, Gluten Free, French Bread, and more!
- Easy to Use – The control panel is easy to read and it uses push button controls too.
- Cost-Effective – The unit is inexpensive, and it will allow you to make your own bread at home.
- Delicious Results – As long as you follow the correct procedures in your recipes, the results will surely be delicious.
- Compact – It has a compact design that makes it suitable for kitchen with small counters.
- Noisy Beeps – Some consumers are complaining about the loud beeping sounds. We suggest putting a tape on the part of the unit that emits this sound.
This Oster Bread Maker is a fine model; and you will find it very useful. It’s an all-purpose kitchen appliance that performs like it’s expensive, even if it’s not. If you can tolerate the loud beeping sound, then this unit might work for you, especially if you are on a tight budget. Best Bread Machine recommends it for its good value and for its overall usefulness too.