The Delonghi DBM450 is one of the favorite bread makers here at the Best Bread Machine camp. We like it because it’s easy to use, and you can make cakes, dough, jams, and Gluten Free bread recipes too. In fact, it can make all sorts of bread and pastries. And if you use the rapid bake mode, your bread can even be done in less than 1 hour.
Delonghi DBM450 Bread Machine Reviews
“This bread maker is amazing! The bread always comes out in perfect condition! Crusty crust but very soft inside! Let me tell you this. My mom also got one and she also gets the same perfect results.” – amym, Amazon.com
“I like the viewing window and the interior light; but sometimes there’s no light in other cycles, and I don’t know why. I’m just glad I got it, and I also recommend it.” – KHL, Amazon.com
I bought this breadmaker as a last effort to encourage my family to eat gluten-free bread. This machine exceeded my expectations in many aspects; not just for its ease-of-use, ease-of-cleaning, and ease-on-the-eyes, but the texture of my final bread is just a thing to behold. Yes, my family now eats and enjoys gluten-free bread.” – Crow’s Roots, Amazon.com
Delonghi 450 Bread Maker Key Features
- Baking Temperature – This model employs a fan system in its technology, and this produces an even temperature setting for a consistent and perfect bread every time.
- Automatic Fruit and Nut Dispenser – The dispenser has a 4.5 ounce capacity; and with this feature, delicate ingredients are added into the mixture at the appropriate time.
- Fifteen Standard Programs – You can make all sorts of recipes in this breadmaker. Some of the programs include Basic Bread, French Bread, Dough, Jam, Cake, and Bake Only.
- Removable Kneading Blade – The machine signals the end of the knead cycle; and at this time, you are allowed to remove the paddle so that the end result will not have an unattractive hole underneath.
- 15-Hour Timer – You can use the timer feature so that you can come home to the smell of freshly baked bread. Best Bread Machine does this all the time!
- Unique Kneading System – All four corners of the pan are mixed and kneaded thoroughly.
- Rapid Bake Mode – Best Bread Machine notes that when set in this rapid bake program, you can have your basic bread in as fast as 58 minutes.
- Recipe Book – It comes with its own recipe book to help you get started quickly.
Delonghi Bread Machine Specifications
Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 15.2 x 12.5 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 26 pounds
A Very Easy to Use Breadmaker
We like using this model of bread maker because it’s very simple to operate and use. In fact, it even has a light inside, so you can peep through the viewing window and see what’s going on in there. We also like that it has an automatic dispenser where we can put in fruits and nuts if we want to. Some models don’t have this feature, and we really like the convenience it offers.
Good Results Every Time
We use this model all the time (one of us has it) and it never fails to deliver perfect results. Well, as long as you put in the right measurement of ingredients, that is. Yes, this is one of those sensitive machines that are not flexible with mistakes. One of the girls put in too much flour one time, and we got a really bad bread. Yes, uneatable! So we recommend studying the manual first, as well as the recipes before using your unit for the very first time. But after you learn it and get used to it, it’s really easy and fun to use.
For Gluten Free Bread Recipes and More!
If you are allergic to Gluten like one of our friends here, then the option of making gluten-free bread will surely interest you. And we have found that even if it’s gluten-free, the final results are still delicious. The texture is soft and fluffy too!
But it is Quite Noisy…
Comparing this model with other breadmakers that we have used and tested (and we have used and tested A LOT!), we can say that it is quite noisy. The noise can mainly be heard during the kneading cycle as you will hear the balled up dough hitting the sides of the bread pan again and again. We don’t suggest using this unit in the wee hours of the morning as it can wake you up if your bedroom is located near the kitchen. So the timer feature may be more usable when you are out, so you can come home to freshly baked bread.
Best Bread Maker Ratings
This model from Delonghi currently has a 4.4-star rating at Amazon. 24 customers have left their feedback on said site, and a great majority of the consumers are happy with this product.
- Efficient design – All the 4 corners of the bread pad are mixed and kneading properly.
- Even crust color – The end results are pleasing and appetizing as well.
- Easy release – The bread slides off the pan easily as this is a non-stick pan.
- Looks good – It looks presentable in the kitchen.
- Versatile – You can make basic bread, whole wheat, French, cakes, jams, and more!
- Quite noisy – The kneading cycle is quite noisy that you might need to increase the tone of your voice while the dough is being kneaded.
If you want light and fluffy bread that’s homemade, then the Delonghi Bread Machine DBM450 would be a great option. Whether you choose to make basic, wheat, French, or gluten-free bread, you can, since this unit has 15 programmable settings. Cakes, jams, cookies, and bread machine pizza dough can be made too!
As we have said before, we really like this unit and it’s a main stay in our kitchen. Best Bread Machine highly recommends it and we believe it’s worth every penny!