If you are planning to buy the Cuisinart Bread Machine CBK-200 model, then Best Bread Machine (BBM) suggests that you read this review first. You see, this is quite a controversial bread maker, so it would be good to look into it more closely before actually purchasing it.
On a positive note, this unit offers a lot as it has 16 pre-programmed settings that will allow you to make a wide variety of recipes including Gluten Free and Low Carb. And it also provides for a rectangular shaped loaf which looks really professional. Consumers also enjoy making dough, sweet cakes, and jams with their breadmaker. Note too, that it can make 3 sizes of loaves (1, 1.5, and 2 pounds).
Cuisinart CBK-200 Bread Machine Reviews
“I got this bread maker for my lovely wife one Christmas. She bakes bread in it twice in a week. So far, we love it. She makes beer bread, cinnamon-raisin bread, and everything has been aromatic and delicious.” – Donald P. Martin Jr., Amazon.com
“I have spent many hours looking at the reviews on the different brands of breadmakers – Cuisinart, Breadman, the Zojirushi. I was a little hesitant in buying this model because of the negative feedback, but then I really wanted 1)low carb setting, 2)beep to remove the kneading paddle, 3)horizontal loaf, 4)jam setting, 5) pause option, 6)power-failure back up and 7)I like the convection idea too. So I got this, and I’m glad I did. – Justina Hayden, Amazon.com
“I‘m an experienced bread-baker and this is my 3rd bread machine. It kneads far better than other units I’ve tried and this model makes really excellent bread.” – J. Hrametz, Amazon.com
Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Automatic Breadmaker Key Features
- Convection Fan Technology – Having a convection fan allows for even heating inside the baking chamber. This will provide for a soft textured bread that also has a nice crust color.
- Power – It has 680 watts of power.
- 16 Menu Options – Aside from Low Carb and Gluten Free, it also has Artisan Dough, Bake Only, Jam, French, Sweet Bread settings, and more.
- 3 Crust Settings – Your bread can be programmed to have a light or medium dark crust, or dark and chewy crust.
- Audible Tone – A beeping sound will alert you when the first few cycles of mixing and kneading are over so that you can put in any additional ingredients in the mixture.
- 12-Hour Timer – The timer setting can be set at a particular time that suits your needs.
- Power-Failure Backup – It automatically restarts after a power failure as it has an internal memory.
- Removable Paddle – You can avoid having holes at the bottom of your bread by removing the paddle after the kneading cycle is completed. A beeping sound will signal you as to the right time to remove the paddle.
- Recipe Booklet – Best Bread Machine notes that the accompanying recipe includes Gluten Free bread recipes as well as Low Carb recipes.
Cuisinart CBK-200 Bread Maker Specifications
Product Dimensions: 12 x 18 x 14 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 17.8 pounds
Cuisinart Bread Machine CBK-200 Warranty
The company backs this model up with a generous 3-year warranty.
The Wonder of the Artisan Dough Menu Functionality
Not too many breadmakers offer the Artisan dough program, that’s why we are kind of impressed with this model. With this setting, the dough inside the unit’s chamber is made to go through several kneading and cool rises. This will result in better crust and textures when making specialty bread.
No Ugly Holes!
This reviewer hates the holes that are left underneath our homemade bread. And for this reason, having the option to remove the paddle is a big plus!
A Noisy Machine?
We understand that the beeping noise can be quite loud in this model of breadmaker. But you really need this feature for adding in the sensitive ingredients (nuts, fruits, seeds, etc.) right? But if you want to get rid of the beeping sound, you can do so too, as it has a mute button for this.
Best Bread Maker Ratings
As of this writing, this model has a current rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars at Amazon.com. There are about 500 customers who have left their feedback, and while a great majority gave it 4 stars and 5 stars, there were also those who gave it a 1-star rating. Let’s see. We looked into it and found that around 200 consumers gave it 5 stars, and around 100 reviewers gave it 1 star.
- Stainless Steel Casing – It has a presentable appearance.
- Menu Options – It offers 16 pre-programmed settings.
- Long Warranty – The unit comes with 3 years warranty.
- Versatile Design – You can make 3 sizes of loaves and even choose the crust shades.
- Rectangular Pan – The finished bread doesn’t look weird.
- 1 Paddle Design – In spite of having a large rectangular baking pan, this model only has 1 paddle which makes it quite inefficient in kneading dough.
- Flat Loaves – According to some consumers, some recipes don’t rise that well.
We have high respects for the Cuisinart company as we own a lot of small kitchen appliances with the same brand. However, this Cuisinart CBK-200 doesn’t really impress us that much. While the features seem great and useful, there are just too many negative reviews as to its performance. Still, we are giving it the benefit of the doubt, and are looking at the aspect of having defective units (which is still not good). Well, at least it has a 3-year warranty.
BBM has not tested this model personally, but we did a lot of research on the internet by checking out customer reviews. And based on our study, it could be quite troublesome to get this unit as you might end up returning it and getting frustrated as well. Sadly, Best Bread Machine is giving the Cuisinart CBK-200 a thumbs down; and we are not recommending it to our readers.