Breadman is a popular brand of bread maker, and one of our dearest friends here at Best Bread Machine happens to be a proud owner of the TR2500BC model. However, when we checked on the customer reviews on the internet, we found that not everyone is pleased with this unit. In fact, it has quite a number of not-so-positive reviews.
We asked our friend (the owner of this same model) what she likes best about the Breadman, and it seems that its versatility is the number 1 factor for liking the unit. It bakes basic bread, and it also has other settings like Gluten Free, Low Carb, Jam, Dough, and Bake Only. And it’s also a plus that it produces a rectangular shaped loaf of bread. Nevertheless, we also looked at the customer reviews online to see what’s really going on.
Breadman TR2500BC Bread Machine Reviews
“What a great kitchen appliance, it has changed my family’s life and we can actually enjoy healthy bread at home. And I can also add fiber to the recipes which are always lacking in gluten-free mixes.” – Cosmo, Amazon.com
“I have food allergies, so I cannot just purchase bread in grocery stores or the bakery. I decided to go for this model because of its features, functionality, and price. I highly recommend it.” – Jewel, Amazon.com
“I have had my Breadman for about 6 months now and have made over 20 loaves of bread so far, a few pizza dough and several other dough recipes for use in coffee cakes, etc. I am very pleased with its performance so far. It’s the best bread machine that money can buy.” – D. Musicant, Amazon.com
Breadman TR2500BC Stainless Steel Convection Breadmaker Key Features
- 3 Loaf Sizes – You have the option of making 1, 1.5 or 2-pound loaves of bread in this unit.
- Convection Bake Design – Convection baking provides for even heating and crisper crusts.
- Pre-Programmed Settings – You can select the Basic, Wheat, French, Sweet, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dough, Jam, Bake, etc.
- Audible Beeping Sound – A beep will signal the right time to add additional ingredients into the mixture.
- 24-Hour Timer – You can choose to delay the time of baking.
Breadman TR2500BC Ultimate Plus Bread Maker Specifications
Product Dimensions: 17 x 10 x 13 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 20 pounds
Breadman TR2500BC Warranty
The Breadman TR2500BC comes with a 1 year warranty.
Really Good Texture
Because of the convection design, this model can produce bread with a really nice and soft texture. We believe this, as this principle is the same as that of an oven. And we used to bake in our ovens before we discovered the wonderful world of breadmakers.
Read the Instruction Manual and Recipes Carefully
Based on some of the customer reviews that we found on the internet, this unit seems to be prone to having motor burnout. We don’t want to sound judgmental; but sometimes, problems such as this can arise due to one’s neglectful deed and carelessness. We therefore recommend reading the manual that came with the unit thoroughly as well as the recipes (follow the correct measurements and order of ingredients). In general, you will have to add the liquid ingredients first before the dry ingredients. This will prevent motor burnout as the unit will not find it hard to mix the ingredients in the pan.
Easy to Use
Even first timers will like the simplicity of the Breadman’s design. In fact, fans of the brand keep on buying from the same company because of this.
What if the Pan Pops Out?
This is one of the major complaints from consumers. When the pan pops out of its lock, the paddle will stop mixing or kneading the ingredients. We are really disturbed with this feedback as it can present a big big problem when making bread.
Best Bread Maker Ratings
The Breadman TR2500BC has an overall rating of 3.4 at the Amazon site. It has over 300 feedback, and over 50 percent of those gave it a perfect score of 5. However, around 90 customers gave it the lowest possible score (1 star), which shows how much they disliked the product.
- Easy to Use – If you follow the instructions on the user manual, you will find that this model is very easy to use.
- Versatile – It can make a lot of different bread recipes including Gluten Free bread recipes.
- Bakes Evenly – The convection system allows for even distribution of heat.
- Size Options – You can make a 1-pound loaf if you only need a small sized bread, or bake a 1.5 or 2-pound loaf if you have a big family.
- Mixes Well – Its powerful motor provides for a thorough mixing of ingredients.
- Pan Sometimes Pops Out – There were some reports of the baking pan popping out from the lock during operation.
A lot of customers are happy that the Breadman Bread Machine TR2500BC can make great tasting Gluten Free recipes. And Breadman fans still stand behind this product as they are already used to handling said brand. And we really want to like this appliance too, as one of our friends is raving about her unit and it has been with her for more than 5 years now.
However, when we look at all the negative reviews online, we are somehow hesitant to recommend this model. We love our readers and we don’t want you to end up with a bad bread maker. We don’t want you to be mad at us.
While we think that the negative reviews can be attributed to poor quality control, we still don’t like it at all. Best Bread Machine therefore suggests looking at other models of breadmakers instead of going for this one. It’s a no-no for us.